So here I am in my last few weeks as a twenty-something. Should I be feeling sad, worried, old?? Well I hate to disappoint, but I don't feel any of those things. Sure I joke about turning the dreaded 30, but in all reality it doesn't feel any different than turning 27, 28 or 29.
I know people who have these lists of things they had wanted to accomplish before they turned 30 and as they get closer and closer to the big 3-0 and notice the list is not complete they are feeling all those things I listed earlier. I never had one of those lists, maybe I'm just not that ambitious, but I would rather think it's that I had the best 20's I could have imagined and there is really nothing missing from that decade of my life.
So instead of listing the things I want to get done before Dec 17, 2009 I thought it would be more fun to list the things that made my 20's so much fun and memorable enough for me to be ready for the next 10 years!!
-My years at NAU-have to say I had the most fun of my life up there in the mountains!! And to think I almost didn't even go there. I sometimes think what my life would have been like if I didn't listen to my dad and take that leap, so glad I did!!! I made some amazing lifelong friends, and learned some life lessons up there, and I had a pretty good time doing it!!
-Moving to California-it was scary but I am glad I can say I did it. Someday when Ava is ready to go off to college I can at least tell her moving somewhere new might be scary, but you gotta at least give it a shot. Plus had I not moved there I wouldn't have met Ronnie!!
-My AMAZING friends!! I know everyone thinks they have great friends, and I am sure they do, but I REALLY have great friends and I consider myself so lucky to have them all in my life. It's fun to have friends from growing up and also my college friends and then friends I have made in the latter of my 29 years. They have all played an important role in my life and I really don't know what I would do without them-you all know who you are!! In fact if you are reading this there is a pretty good chance you are one of them!!!
-My family!! What can I say I am a lucky gal, I get along great with both my parents and often brag about how great they both are!! I also love my in-laws, so that is always a bonus!! My marriage to Ronnie was such a great part of my 20's!! There were people who thought getting married at 25 I was throwing my 20's away, I didn't feel that way at all. Like I said before I lived those 5 years just the way I wanted and when I met Ronnie I was ready to be married. And of course having Ava was the highlight of my 20's without a doubt. Can't really say enough about that little girl, but I am one lucky mama!!!
So there you have it, my 20's in a nutshell!! Lots of fun, friends, adventure and family!! I may not have ever landed my dream job(do I even know what that would be??), but now I get to stay home with Ava, that has to be the best job ever, right!! I may not live in my dream house, but I do own a house and nice enough things to get me by for now!!
What do my 30's have in store for me?? I have a few things up my sleeve to ring in the next decade of my life-for now I will leave them up to your imagination, but I promise to keep everyone posted!! Thanks for reading my ramblings for the night!! I promise the next post will have some pics of Ava ( I know that's why you all check this blog!!!!)
10 years ago

3 comments:
Love it! I'm not sure how I will feel about turning 30; however, it is what it is and as long as you've enjoyed the ride so far - bring it on! :) Happy Early Birthday (just in case this pregnant mama completely spaces it - there is a good chance that I will!) :)
Brookie No way you can be turning 30 that would make me really really old! Plus I just turned 40 last year. Love You Dad
I think WE are the lucky ones. You have added so much to all our lives. I am so proud of you in every way. You're a great daughter, sister, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, wife and most of all a great Mom to my adorable Ava T. Happy Birthday. I'm sure your 30's will be amazing.
Love,
M
Post a Comment