Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Some things never change!

This past weekend was NAU's homecoming!! So I decided to be brave and leave Ava for the first time. Leaving the house Thurs was hard, as I had expected it to be, but I had a great time. Like the title says, NAU and all the girls were about the same. Besides having money to actually eat and having to retire a little earlier than before, it felt like no time had passed once we all got together!!!
Erin and I headed up early on Fri and went to our favorite Chinese restaurant for lunch, it was still as good as we remembered!! We also ate at the Union for lunch on Sat, which has improved about 100%, so those kids up there now don't know how good they got it!!
It was so fun to see everyone, some of these girls I haven't actually seen in YEARS, hard to believe. When I do see the others when in AZ, it is usually just for dinner or lunch so it was fun to actually get some time to hang out and of course talk about the good ol days of NAU.
Sat morning the chapter had a little open house in the chapter room which we all went to. Driving up to Mountain View (the dorm I lived in for 3 years) felt like we were just going home, it was pretty fun to be back there with all the girls which made living there way too much fun!!!
Of course Ava ended up with a ton of stuff from some of her favorite aunties, I could hardly close my suitcase and had to send the new sweatshirt I bought for myself with Nicole-geez!!!!
So all in all it was a great weekend, we need to do it more often for sure. It was great seeing you girls, I miss you all already and can't wait to do it again!!!
Here are a few pics, I didn't take nearly as many as I had planned, so those of you who took some that I didn't get, please email them my way.


Signs in the hallway, like I said things never change!!
On the new rooftop patio at Mad I's
Erin reading Nicole a bedtime story!!



Showing Alphie some love!!

Christine and I in the chapter room

All the Alum up for the weekend, there are a few random people in this pic,
who I don't know, I couldn't figure out how
I could nicely ask them to get out of my pic!!!

Breakfast at Mike and Rhonda's -another favorite spot in Flag

Had to get a Buster Bowl while we were there!!








5 comments:

Jac said...

Hmmm, I bet it was so nice for your friends to see you while you were in town and I bet there werent any of your other friends that might have wanted to see you either. Why didnt you call me to have dinner at the airport with you????
Just kidding, the trip looks totally fun! Missed you though!

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you! What a fun trip. Gosh, how crazy it was for you just to get home?? Hope to see you again soon.
Miss and Love,
Shannon

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to see you and hang out!!! We have got to do it more often!!! Sorry you had such drama getting home, but glad to hear you made it safe and sound!!! :) Love and miss!

Erin Morley

Anonymous said...

Now that is a drink!!! Looks like you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

I just noticed the zucs!! I'm jealous!! :)