So Sunday morning Erin and I leave Flag at 7:30 am, we thought we were being extra cautious and leaving with more then enough time to get me to the airport for my 12:00 flight. We were cruising along just fine when at around 9:30 we came to a stop, never a good thing on a highway full of cars. We sat there a while and would move up every so often, only because a car in front of us decided they were going to turn around in the median. So after 3 hours, yes that's right 3 hours of sitting still we were informed that a gas tank had flipped in the median and we needed to turn around and take the detour they had set up since they closed both sides of the freeway. Why they took 3 hours to tell us this, we will never know!!! So by this time all the other cars leaving Flag for the weekend were also on said detour, so to make a long story short, I missed my 12 flight, I missed the next flight out at 4, and made it to the airport in a quick 9 hours (this trip normally takes about 2 1/2). Thankfully Erin and I made this best we could of this situation, she gave me a makeover while we sat, and we also had fun watching the other people around us.
If you think my story ends here, you are unfortunately mistaken, Erin dropped me off at the airport so I could figure out what I needed to do, luckily I wasn't the first person with the same problem, so they were pretty understanding. I had 2 choices, take the next flight out, which was already delayed about an hour, getting me to Minneapolis at 1 am or take a flight Mon getting to Minneapolis at 5 pm. I decided I wanted to get home ASAP, by this point I was ready to see my peanut girl, I was just going to stay the night in Minneapolis and leave for Grand Rapids in the morning.
Here is another example as to why I have the BEST dad ever, he drove to the airport to have dinner with me there, so I wouldn't have to sit by myself. We sat talking and I noticed that my flight changed gates and also departure time, now leaving at 8:40. I found out that the plane was ready to go, but they were waiting for the crew to get there, so I decided I better head to the gate, well I go to the new gate and find out, it never changed, so I had to turn around and go to the other gate, when I got there they had already boarded and were about to close the door, I was the last person to get on, SERIOUSLY!!! I almost missed this flight, it ended up leaving early!!!! Thankfully I made it and the flight was fine, got to Minneapolis at 1 am, found myself a hotel and left for Grand Rapids in the morning, getting home at about noon, about 27 hours after I left Flagstaff.
The End

4 comments:
Seriously? 27 hours? I would have given up.
I bet it was so nice to see Miss Ava though!
Brookie, don't you remember KTAR?? I was headed back to Prescott, was on the 101 and heard about the overturned tanker on good 'ol KTAR, turned around, went back to our condo in Mesa, and avoided the whole mess! Never, never trust the I-17!! Glad you had a great time and finally got home safely to your little peanut.
XXOO,
Lynn
You should have called me! You could have stayed the night at our house!!! There is no reason to have to get a hotel in Minneapolis!
I am sorry it took so long to get home, this is a trip that you will never forget!
wow- reading that makes ME tired!!!! Holy smokes! Hope all is well. I am happy to have found u here in blogger space! U R great! And I loved the dead seal in the halloween pics! U r hilarious! Thanks for the laughs and memories from the good old lip syncing days! See you
Post a Comment