Sunday, August 23, 2009

Oh the Fair!!

There is nothing like a small town county fair to really get you excited for the end of summer!!

Our fair was here this past week, it was here for a total of 5 days...I went 3 out of those 5 days, I guess that makes me an official "fair rat" ( I made this term up, but it is similar to a mall rat!!). I will say this, if it wasn't literally right down the street and we weren't able to walk there in a matter of 5-10 minutes I am sure I wouldn't have gone 3 days (probably). There is a reasonable explanation for each of our trips, really there is - the first day we went was to meet up with some of Ava's friends and see the animals and maybe ride a kiddie ride, Sat we went with Ronnie, and Sun we went with my mom, she wanted a corn dog - see reasonable!!!

Anyways, the fair was pretty fun and Ava really liked seeing all the animals, her favorites were the horses. Although the sheep were pretty funny too, one of them tried to eat her shoe, she thought that was pretty amusing!!



Here she is all ready to head down to the fair (for the first time)
Ok, I think this might be the cutest picture ever, how sweet is that face!!!

Ronnie finally decided this was the year he was going to enter some of his veggies in the fair. He entered his red potatoes and his white potatoes. Before we met up with our friends I figured I should head up to the agriculture building and see how he did...




WOO-HOO!!! Yup, that's a BLUE ribbon for the reds and

Second place for the whites!!!
I was so excited for him, I could wait to spread the good news!!!!

Just finishing up our delicious fair food and now we are ready for the Merry-Go-Round!!

Here we are all ready to go, you have no idea how fast this thing went, Ava got all scared and I ended up holding her the entire ride, while trying to hang on for dear life!! Gotta love carnival rides!!


Day 2

Ava decided instead of the fake pony on the Merry-Go-Round, she would try out a real one instead...here she is getting acquainted with her new pal!!

She was SO HAPPY, which made me SO HAPPY!!! I love this picture, it shows how much fun we both were having!

Giddy-Up

Day 3

Ava really wanted to try that Merry-Go-Round one more time (more like my mom really wanted to take her on it even after I told her Ava hated it!!)
This time went much better then last time,
Here is my mom holding on while it goes at top speed!!! I told you it was FAST!


Thanks for a great time Itasca County Fair...See ya next year!!!!









4 comments:

April Klatt said...

Cute pictures! Did Ava wear her shoe shirt on Day 1?! I'm not jealous of your winters, but I'm definitely jealous of your summers! It looks like you guys have been having alot of fun!!

April Klatt said...

Oh, and I'm very impressed by Ronnie's potatoes! I can barely cook potatoes, let alone grow them!! :)

Jac said...

Wow! Tell Ronnie congrats on his potatoes. Awesome! Looks like the fair is fun, that picture of Ava with her piggy tails is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ronnie! I want a baked potato right now! Love Ava's piggy tails, what a cutie! Love the small town fair too. Are you REALLY anxious for winter to come? Come on back to AZ, the sun shines every day!
XXOO,
Lynn