My beautiful baby girl was born Jan 26th at 5:25pm. It was a great delivery and a very smooth recovery.
Here is a quick rundown of the day (this is more for me to remember, but some of you might be interested too!!)
I went to the hospital Tues night to get the induction process started.
Wed morning they started the Pitocin, although we were pretty sure it wasn't going to do too much and my Dr would end up breaking my water (this is what happened when I had Ava). So at about 1:30 they broke my water and then we started to see some real progress!!! I got my epidural at around 3:00. At 4:15 I was dilated to a 4-5. The nurse said she would come back at 5:30 to check me again. My mom was up visiting, so I told her to go back to the house and we would call her at 5:30 and let her know what was going on. She was so worried she was gonna miss the delivery, but I reassured her she would make it back in time.
From 4:30 to 5 I was feeling alot of pressure and by 5 I couldn't take it anymore, I called the nurse in and yup you guessed it, baby was READY!!! I couldn't believe it, it just happened so fast!!! Ronnie called my mom at 5:15 and told her to get back to the hospital. I pushed through 4 contractions and Ta-Da Harper was born!!!
I think I was in shock for about the first half hour, I just couldn't believe I had just had a baby, it was WAY too easy. Apparently the second birth is much easier then the 1st- who knew!!! I now know why people have 3 kids!!!
As some of you may know, my recovery with Ava was not so pleasant, I was in alot of pain and had to actually stay in the hospital an extra day. This time around couldn't have been more different. I felt great the next morning, I didn't even feel like I gave birth-it was GREAT!!! It made the hospital stay much more pleasant then last time.
We are adjusting great to having a new baby in the house, Harper is an absolute joy, she looks just like Ava when she was a new baby, so that has been kinda funny. Ava loves her baby sister and is just having the typical issues with learning how to share her time with her momma and daddy. I am trying to spend as much quality time with each of them, but as I am sure all mothers feel, there is just not enough hours in the day. I am sure as Harper gets older this will get easier-right??
Alright, here is what you all have been waiting for-pics!
Leaving for the hospital-as pregnant as I am gonna get!!!

1 comment:
She is beautiful Brooke!
Post a Comment