Monday, September 29, 2008

A week in Review

Fall is here in northern Minnesota for sure!! The leaves are changing and there is a slight chill in the air. I have to admit, I do get kinda excited this time of year, although I hate to think what is right around the corner(snow, ice, below zero temps). I do love the holiday seasons and love to decorate accordingly. I have been patiently waiting to put out our Halloween stuff until Oct 1st!!! I am even more excited for this time of year now that we have Ava, I think it will be SOO much fun to take her to the pumpkin patch, trick-or-treating, and of course Christmas and her b-day!!

Ava and I have been taking full advantage of our beautiful fall weather the past few weeks and go on a walk everyday, sometimes twice a day. I love seeing the trees change and the smell of fall. Although we do have to constantly be on the lookout for falling acorns and crazy squirrels!! Here are a couple pics of some of the trees in the neighborhood, I am waiting for the trees by the lake to turn so I can take some pics of those!!



Last week also was one I have been dreading for the past 8 months or so, Sakura officially moved to Duluth :( I had plenty of notice, Matt has been working in Duluth since Dec, but I still think I was in total denial. While I know Duluth is only an hour away and we plan on seeing each other pretty regularly, it still isn't the same. We won't be signing up for silly classes together anymore, basket weaving, belly dancing. We also won't be getting locked in racquetball courts anymore either, and of course no more running into each other at Target!!! So yes, I am pretty sad that she is gone, I was so lucky to meet her right away when we moved here, she has been a great friend, there for me on my very best days and probably my very worst.
We miss you guys already and we will be out there very soon :(

We did go out for a very belated b-day dinner the week before she left, it was pretty darn fun, as always!!!

On a happier note, I am going on a small trip in Oct to Flagstaff for NAU's homecoming!!!! I am SOOO excited!! From what I can figure there will be about 15 fellow Lumberjacks going that I haven't seen in awhile. I am really excited about the whole thing!! I am a little worried to leave Ava for 4 days, but I know she will be just fine and as soon as I am up there with everyone, I won't be as worried. So be looking for fun pics from that adventure in the next few weeks!!!

Last week was also the start of our Baby On the Move class. There are about 8 babies in the class with their moms and they range from 8 months to 16 months. I am excited for Ava to make some new friends and it sounds like we will do lots of fun stuff.

I have been keeping busy with my work and Habitat for Humanity, we are starting family selection again, which is a fun and busy time. Ronnie has been working lots and finishing up the garden. And of course Ava has been keeping us both on our toes!!! Here are some pics of her, I know this is what most of you are looking for!!!!

What a silly girl, I couldn't love her more!!





Oct is looking like it will be a busy month, I will try to keep the blog updated with all of our upcoming events!!!!!

3 comments:

Jac said...

ummmm, are you making a stop in Gilbert by any chance? You cant be in Az without us seeing you! Love the pics of Ava. She is too cute. I didnt know Sakura was moving...bummer. Maybe now that she is gone, you should move back to Az. :)

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!Can't wait to see you in Flag. It's going to be a blast seeing everyone. It has been a long time? Ava looks just like her mommy. She is adorable.
Miss and Love,
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, Prescott is just a short jog off the freeway to Flagstaff. You should consider bringing Ava and leaving her with me! She's so adorable and it appears she has a lot of her mommy's fun personality. Another Jaclyn/Brooke duo with Tatum & Ava? Lord help us!
XXOO,
Lynn