Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's Official

Summer is HERE!!
It took awhile, but summer finally made its way up to northern MN! After growing up where we never looked forward to summer (we actually dreaded it), living somewhere that waits and waits for this time of year to arrive has been fun!
Here is what I LOVE about summers in MN (in no particular order!!)
-how light it stays at night, the suns goes down at like 10pm, its great!! (not so great when you are trying to put a toddler to bed, but that's besides the point!)
-sour lemonade and ice tea
-eating outside
-spending time on the lake
-play dates at the beach
-all the festivals that go on every weekend and the fact that we live close enough to walk to some of them
-which brings up the next one-walks to the pie place, the coffee shop, the post office, pretty much wherever
-Ava in a swimsuit!!
There is plenty more, but that is my short list!! As I said summer is officially here, the past few days have been HOT & HUMID, but I can't complain too much!! Ronnie insisted on turning the air on yesterday, something I put off as long as I can because I LOVE having the windows and front door open. We will keep it on a few days, but it usually cools down for enough days that we can go back to windows being open!
Yesterday we set up Ava's little splash pool, she was so happy to see it and really liked splashing around, plus it felt so good on a hot day!










Lola is so happy we finally got a water bowl just her size!!!

Lola again, she loves summer because it means her favorite people spend time outside with her!! This is her new frisbee, she got it for her b-day!!

Like mother, like daughter!

The Garden

Here is another thing I love about summer, the garden. Technically it is Ronnie's hobby, but I do love to go out everyday and see what has grown and how big everything gets!!
I am still amazed that all this starts out from tiny seeds!!

We are going to have lots of corn this year!!
It is supposed to be "knee high by the 4th of July", it usually isn't, but that's ok!

lots of potatoes this year too!! We are growing sweet potatoes
for the first time, I can't wait to see how they turn out

peas, a lettuce blend, broccoli, carrots

MY strawberries!!! They are almost ready!!


Happy Summer Everyone!!!






3 comments:

April Klatt said...

How fun! Ava looks soo cute in her little bathing suit!

Jac said...

Your garden looks awesome! I wanna come eat some of your stuff! Ava is way cute in her swim suit.

foosnickity said...

It looks like Ava is having a blast and Lola looks happy as well. Congrats on the awesome looking garden. If anything lived out here besides cactus, I might consider that, but ohh well. Ava is becoming such a cutie, even more tha before! Love the updated pics :)

Snick