Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our 4th of July

We had a nice holiday weekend. It was pretty laid back, but I still enjoyed it. The weather was perfect all weekend, always a plus and Ronnie was off for 3 days in a row (that never happens!!). Friday night we had dinner with some of Ronnie's old friends from school and then had them all over to the house after. There were 3 other kids for Ava to play with, so she really enjoyed herself!

The actual 4th was pretty low key, no fireworks for us-that is one of the drawbacks to living somewhere that stays light out till 10 pm, the fireworks don't start till then and that's a little late for Ava, maybe next year though!!

Sun we went for a 4-wheeler ride and then took Ava to the circus for the 2nd year in a row, it has become our 4th of July tradition!! I wasn't sure how Ava would handle sitting still watching the circus for over 2 hours, but she did surprisingly well. She LOVED the Sheepdogs, the ponies and the elephants the most, but she did watch some of the acrobats too. Just like last year I didn't really get any pics of the circus, but I did get one just to prove we were there!!


These are just some cute ones of her this morning





Ava and the elephant!! I got a picture just like this last year, so I had to do it again!




3 comments:

April Klatt said...

Sounds like you all had a good weekend! I love the pics of Ava in her little, white outfit! Her hair is getting so long!

Jac said...

Love her outfit in these pics. Circus looks fun, poor T will never get to experience the circus unless A. Brooke takes her. :)

Heather said...

She looks a little bit bigger this year! Maybe we can get together and take her to the "real" circus that comes to the cities.